We are happy to announce the release of Cloudron 7.3!
For those unaware, Cloudron is a platform that makes it easy to run web apps like WordPress, Nextcloud, GitLab on your server and keep them up-to-date and secure.
Cloudron 7.3 has many new features including support for Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy, App Proxy, App links, Cloudflare R2, File manager Split View, Any domain catch-all addresses, Mailbox storage quota, Wildcard email aliases, Optional backup filename encryption, Disk usage graphs, Read only API tokens, LDAP Groups, Mail Queue management, Office 365 mail relay & more!
Cloudron 7.2 added support for Ubuntu 22.04. Starting Cloudron 7.3, Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy is the recommended Ubuntu distribution version. All our 1-click images (DigitalOcean, Linode, Vultr, AWS) have been updated to reflect this.
App Proxy lets you proxy internal services through Cloudron. Benefits of using the App Proxy include DNS management, Certificate management, Configurable domain aliases and redirections, setting a custom CSP, setting custom
robots.txt and up/down notifications.
An App Link is a shortcut to an external web site. Clicking on a App Link simply opens up the website in a new tab on the user's browser.
Cloudflare R2 allows developers to store large amounts of unstructured data without the costly egress bandwidth fees associated with typical cloud storage services. You can add Cloudflare R2 as the backup storage for Cloudron from the
File Manager Split View
Many apps do not have a way to manage assets inside the application (Emby, Jellyfin, Paperless NGX, for example). For such situations, we have implemeneted Split View in the File Manager. The split view can be used to drag and drop and move around files easily across directories.
Mail Catch-all address
The Catch-all address of a domain can now be set to a mailbox on another domain hosted on Cloudron.
Mailbox Storage Quota
Storage limit can be set per mailbox by enabling Storage Quota. When storage limit is hit, the email sender will get a bounce message indicating that the receiving mail box is full. In addition, an email notification is placed in the mailbox when it nears 80% and 95% of it's storage quota. Entries are created in the event log as well.
Wildcard email aliases
Email aliases can now contain the
* wildcard to match zero or more characters.
Optional Backup Filename Encryption
When using encryption with the
rsync format, file names can be optionally encrypted. This is useful when backing up to S3 compliant services which have a max object path size of 4096.
The Graphs view shows an overview of the CPU, disk, network and memory usage of the app.
Disk Usage Graphs
Disk usage can now be computed on demand and displayed in the graphs (
Readonly API Tokens
API Tokens can be created with a readonly scope.
Mail queue be monitored and managed using the Mail Queue UI.
- Eventlog: add event for impersonated user login
- LDAP & user directory: Remove virtual user and admin groups
- Directory server: Cloudron Groups are exposed under
- Randomize certificate generation cronjob to lighten load on Let's Encrypt servers
- mail: fix issue where signature was appended to text attachments
- mail: fix issue where certificate renewal did not restart the mail container properly
- mail: Office 365 Relay provider
- mail: Email can be sent with a subaddress (just add subaddress as an alias in your mail client).
- User directory: Cloudron connector uses 2FA auth
- backups: Fix precondition check which was not erroring if mount is missing
- nginx: fix zero length certs when out of disk space
- logrotate: only keep 14 days of logs
- security: do not password reset mail to cloudron owned mail domain
What's coming next
Head over to our forum to learn more about what's coming in our next release - 7.4.
Install or update Cloudron
New to Cloudron? Get started for free by running with 3 simple commands on your server.
To update an existing installation, simply click on the 'Update now' button on your dashboard.