We are happy to announce the release of Cloudron 0.102.0.
For those unaware, Cloudron is a platform that makes it easy to run apps on your server and keep them up-to-date.
A+ rating for SSL
Cloudron now gets A+ rating for it's SSL setup out of the box.
You can test the rating yourself at SSL Labs.
New S3 backup regions
Cloudron can now backup to S3 in Canada and London giving you more control on where you want to keep your backups. As always, Cloudron backups are encrypted when using these regions.
New base image
Cloudron apps are built on a base docker image that already contains most of the software required for packaging. Sharing the same base image across apps allows us to conserve space (docker images tend to be quite big).
Some new software that is now part of the base image include:
- Node 4.7.3 and 6.9.5
- Go 1.6.4 and 1.7.5
- PHP Composer 1.3.2
- PHP Modules including php7.0-zip
- Crudini - an ini file manipulator
- xmlstarlet - an xml file manipulator
You can read the complete list here.
More supported providers
Cloudron had already supported AWS EC2, Lightsail and Digital Ocean from the get go. With this release, we are happy to announce support for many more providers (thanks to our community!)
- Google Cloud
- Amazon Lightsail
Noteworthy bug fixes
- Robust detection and injection of Cloudron domain into the SPF record
- Initial Cloudron setup UI now loads instantly on Firefox. This had to with us creating self-signed certificates with
localhostas the CN.
- Add a repair UI for apps in errored state.
- Fix disk usage graphs on Scaleway