We are happy to announce the release of Cloudron 3.5!
For those unaware, Cloudron is a platform that makes it easy to run web apps on your server and keep them up-to-date and secure. Think SaaS for self-hosted apps.
Cloudron 3.5 adds a new Notifications view, paginated users UI, namecheap DNS & more
Cloudron sends email notifications to administrators about various events like when a user is added/removed, when an app goes down or when an app was restarted because it ran out of memory. These important notifications sometimes go unnoticed if Cloudron has issues delivering email.
In 3.5, there is a notification view that shows all the notifications. Notifications can be left 'unread', to serve as a reminder to deal with the issue later. In the coming releases, we will enhance this view to remind admins to change an app's default password, possibly brittle backup policies and security/login alerts.
Namecheap is one of the best domain registrars. We have added DNS integration for Namecheap. To use the Namecheap provider, generate an API key and add the Cloudron server's IP to the API whitelist in the Namecheap UI.
Big thanks to Tomer Shvueli for contributing this feature!
The Cloudron Users view can take a while to load if there are lots of users. To alleviate this, we have added pagination and search to the user listing.
New S3 regions
The S3 backup backend now supports 3 additional regions:
Other notable changes
- Add UI to switch dashboard domain
- Fix remote support button to not remove misparsed ssh keys
- cloudflare: preseve domain proxying status
- Fix issue where oom killer might kill the box code or the updater
- Allow full logs to be downloaded
- Update Haraka (mail server) to 2.8.22
- Log events in the mail container
- Fix issue where SpamAssassin and SPF checks were run for outbound email
- Improve eventlog messages
- Track dynamic DNS change events
- Retry errored downloads during restore
Install or update Cloudron
New to Cloudron? Get started for free by running with 3 simple commands on your server.
To update an existing installation, simply click on the 'Update now' button on your dashboard.